Wilts Non-Conformist Records.

^isaprocart^
(+ postage of £1.60)

FULL TITLE: Andover Wesleyan Methodist Circuit - Baptisms 1815-1915: Members 1820 & 1840.

In 1820 the Andover Wesleyan Circuit had places of worship at Andover, Hurstbourne, Lower Wallop, Overton, Thruxton, Vernham, Wherwell, Whitchurch and Wildhern [Hampshire] and at Chute, Collingbourne and Laverstock [Wiltshire]. The 1848/9 Preaching Schedule includes St. Mary Bourne [Hampshire] and that of December 1890 includes Clanville, Dunley and Longparish [all Hampshire].

Quantity:
Buy Now:
(+ postage of £1.30)

FULL TITLE: Hungerford Primitive Methodist Circuit - Baptisms 1869-1937.

A Primitive Methodist Circuit based on West Shefford was formed in 1831 and renamed Newbury Circuit in 1845. The Hungerford Primitive Methodist Circuit was formed in 1869 with the separation of 414 members from the Newbury Circuit. The Hungerford Circuit had chapels at Eastbury, East Garston, Hungerford, Kintbury, Lambourne, Shalbourn, Weston in the parish of Welford, and West Shefford [all Berkshire] and at Aldbourne, Bagshot, Froxfield, Little Bedwyn, Ramsbury and Witcha [all Wiltshire]. In both Newbury and Hungerford union with the Wesleyans took place in 1937 and, with dwindling membership in both places, they almagamated in 1971 to form the Newbury and Hungerford Methodist Circuit.

Quantity:
Buy Now:
(+ postage of £1.30)

FULL TITLE: Hungerford Wesleyan Methodist Circuit Volume One - Baptisms 1810-1880.

The Hungerford Wesleyan Methodist Circuit was formed in 1810 from the Newbury Circuit and had places of worship at Eastbury, East Garston, Hungerford, Hungerford Newtown, Lambourne, Lambourne Woodlands, Shalbourne and Shefford Woodlands [all Berkshire] and at Aldbourne, Baydon, Burbage, Chilton Foliat, Chisbury, Great Bedwyn, Marlborough, Ramsbury, Woodsend and Wilton [all Wiltshire]. In both Newbury and Hungerford union with the Primitive Methodists took place in 1937 and, with dwindling membership in both places, they amalgamated in 1971 to form the Newbury andHungerford Methodist Circuit. This volume contains a transcription of the baptismal entries found in the circuit registers for the period 1810 to 1880 inclusive.

Quantity:
Buy Now:
(+ postage of £1.30)

FULL TITLE: Hungerford Wesleyan Methodist Circuit VolumeTwo - Baptisms 1881-1937 and Marriages 1886-1897.

The Hungerford Wesleyan Methodist Circuit was formed in 1810 from the Newbury Circuit and had places of worship at Eastbury, East Garston, Hungerford, Hungerford Newtown, Lambourne, Lambourne Woodlands, Shalbourne and Shefford Woodlands [all Berkshire] and at Aldbourne, Baydon, Burbage, Chilton Foliat, Chisbury, Great Bedwyn, Marlborough, Ramsbury, Woodsend and Wilton [all Wiltshire]. In both Newbury and Hungerford union with the Primitive Methodists took place in 1937 and, with dwindling membership in both places, they amalgamated in 1971 to form the Newbury andHungerford Methodist Circuit. This volume contains a transcription of the baptismal entries found in the circuit registers for the period 1881 to 1937 inclusive and the marriage entries for the period 1886 to 1897 inclusive.

Quantity:
Buy Now:
(+ postage of £1.30)

FULL TITLE: Hungerford, Marlborough and Wantage Wesleyan Methodist Circuits - Historic Roll 1899-1904.

The Wesleyan Methodist Historic Roll contains the names and addresses of members who donated a guinea each to the Wesleyan Methodist Million Guinea Fund between the years 1899 and 1904. Also listed are those loved ones who had either died or moved away and for whom members made additional donations 'In Memoriam'. This booklet contains a transcription of the pages within the Historic Roll relating to the Hungerford, Marlborough and Wantage Circuits. The Hungerford Circuit included palces of worship at Eastbury, Hungerford and Lambourn [all Berkshire] and at Chilton Foliat and Ramsbury [ both Wiltshire]. The Marlborough Circuit included places of worship at Axford, Burbage, Easton Royal, Great Bedwyn, Marlborough, Oare, Pewsey, Wilton and Wootton Rivers [all Wiltshire]. The Wantage Circuit included places of worship at Blewbury, Childrey, Didcot, Harwell, Steventon, Wantage and West Hendred [all Berkshire].

Quantity:
Buy Now:
(+ postage of £1.30)

FULL TITLE: Market Lavington Congregational Church - Baptisms 1798-1901 & Marriages 1848-1913.

The Congregational cause in Market Lavington was fostered by Robert Sloper of Devizes and in 1808 nine people formed a church in the village under his leadership. In the following year the fledgling church bought a former Quaker meeting house in the High Street, enlarging it and inserting a gallery. A Sunday School and a girls' school were opened and a burial ground was created to the north and east of the building. Shortly afterwards a group of members separated and set up their own church, known as the Lower Meeting, in a property belonging to Christopher Garrett. The original church, called the Upper Meeting, thrived and by 1851 the number of attendees at services matched those attending services at the parish church. A new chapel on the opposite side of the High Street was erected in 1892, the original chapel being used as a Sunday School. The Congregational Church became a United Reformed Church in the 1970s and in the following decade was renamed Trinity Church.
This booklet contains a transcription of the baptismal and marriage entries recorded in the church books deposited at the Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre. Also included are a Membership List of 1834 with subsequent additions to 1872 and an undated list of graves in the burial ground.

Quantity:
Buy Now:
(+ postage of £1.30)

FULL TITLE: Marlborough Wesleyan Methodist Circuit - Baptisms 1838-1913.

The Marlborough Wesleyan Methodist Circuit was formed from the Hungerford Circuit and had places of worship at Axford, Burbage, Great Bedwyn, Marlborough, Oare, Park, Pewsey, Wilton, Woodsend and Wootton Rivers [all Wiltshire].

Quantity:
Buy Now:
(+ postage of £1.60)

FULL TITLE: Melksham Congregational Church - Baptisms, Marriages, Burials & Members.

An independent congregation was established in Melksham circa 1771 and the first pastor, John Honeywell, ordained in 1778. The church building in Market Place became redundant in 1976 following the union of the Congregationalists with the Methodists as Melksham United Church and is now the Rachel Fowler Centre. This booklet contains a transcription of the baptismal, marriage, burial and membership entries contained in the various church books held at Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre in Chippenham.

Quantity:
Buy Now:
(+ postage of £1.60)

FULL TITLE: Newbury Primitive Methodist Circuit - Volume One - Baptisms 1831-1874.

The Newbury Primitive Methodist Circuit, originally named Shefford Circuit, was formed in 1831 and covered a large area of West Berkshire and North Hampshire. This area was reduced in 1869 by the creation of a separate Hungerford Circuit. This booklet contains a transcription of the entries found in the Circuit Baptisms Registers for the period 1831 to 1874, including residents of Beedon, Boxford, Chaddleworth, Chieveley, Cold Ash, Compton, Eastbury, Hampstead Norreys, Hungerford, Lambourn, Leckhamstead, Newbury, Peasemore, Shefford, Thatcham and Winterbourne [all Berkshire], Ashford Hill, Burghclere, East Woodhay, Ecchinswell, Kingsclere and Plastow Green [all Hampshire] and Aldbourne, Little Bedwin, Ramsbury and Shalbourn [all Wiltshire].

Quantity:
Buy Now:
(+ postage of £1.30)

FULL TITLE: Salisbury United Methodist Free Church Circuit - Baptisms 1851-1914.

A transcription of the baptisms recorded in the surviving register for the Salisbury United Methodist Free Church Circuit. Baptisms are recorded in the Milford Street, Salisbury chapel and at Bemerton, Downton, East Grimstead and Winterbourne.

Quantity:
Buy Now:
(+ postage of £1.60)

FULL TITLE: Swindon Wesleyan Methodist Circuit - Volume One - Baptisms 1817-1874.

The Swindon Wesleyan Methodist Circuit was formed in 1817 from the Hungerford Circuit and covered a large area centred on Swindon including Clanfield (Oxfordshire), Faringdon (Berkshire), Highworth and Wootton Bassett (both Wiltshire). This booklet contains a transcription of the baptismal entries recorded in the various registers maintained by the circuit and covers the period 1817 to 1874.

Quantity:
Buy Now:
(+ postage of £1.60)

FULL TITLE: Tisbury Zion Hill Congregational Church - Baptisms, Marriages, Burials & Members.

Independent worship in Tisbury can be traced back to 1669 when a group of dissenters met for worship at the house of Samuel Coombes in Chicksgrove. Their numbers grew and in 1725 they built their own chapel in Tisbury High Street. Some members left in 1782 to form a rival Congregational church but by 1805 both churches were united. A steady increase in numbers saw the construction of a larger chapel named Zion Hill at a cost of 1500. The chapel, seating 410 people, was opened for worship on 1st June 1842. The church continued to thrive during the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries but declining numbers and necessary costly repairs to the building forced its closure in June 1978. The remaining members held separate services in the Methodist church and subsequently merged with them to form a URC/Methodist church. The Zion Hill building is now private housing. This booklet contains a transcription of the births and/or baptisms between 1721 and 1918, marriages between 1845 and 1918, deaths between 1805 and 1813 and burials between 1844 and 1942. Also included are abstracts from the church minutes of 1805, when the communicants of the 'Upper' and 'Lower' Meeting determined on a coalition to form one church, and a list of members at that date.

Quantity:
Buy Now: